All change please and utmost respect v utmost disbelief

 It is on a week of ups and downs and absolutely manic that I got told hours after it had gone viral that Queen Eli had passed away. Even my favourite French teacher was in the know and had messaged me but I had not seen any of it. It is through a flatmate that I found out. I was in my pyjamas and unlikely to go out as it was lashing down for the fourth time today . I then thought if you like public affairs and political history then you have to pay your respect and go near Buckingham Palace even if she is still resting in Balmoral at the minute. Only a short ride away on the tube. It was the right time to go. But the rain was really annoying in many ways. The atmosphere was eerie but faily jovial given the circumstances. On the way up I saw a Jubilee advert at Clapham North. On the way back I had a nice smile from a lovely lady and I did smile back but by Oval she had left. Time to rest now as a very hectic Friday awaits.

Utmost respect for Queen Eli but utmost disbelief as the new PM is not up to the job and this should not come to us as a surprise. I very much enjoyed the Private Eye mocking of the Daily Mail praises on an inaugural speech I had missed. 





 









Commentaires