When regalian powers never apologise

I was struggling to decide what to eat at the M&S shop as the waiting time before the canvassing was dragging. I was not very happy in using the automatic machines. I could see policemen near the exit. I was fairly calm but weary of my belongings.

I got accused by the police officer of stealing make up at the Boot's shop. He inquisitively asked me a lot of questions in a polite way and so I did respond with assurance and very calmly and very politely.  I hinted that I would lodge a complaint if I were arrested as it was mistaken identity and I had done nothing but shopping at M&S. And whilst I accept that the policeman has to do his job and I should be thinking as if I were in his shoes. So should he and I expected at least an apology. The online form is onerous in that it has many police entities and not very welcoming from a GDPR perspective. He never apologised. His excuse was that he did not search me. I volunteered to show that my bag was full of my personal items. I did not have proper ID on me. White, dark hair and in his thirties were the expletives. DOB proved that I was no longer in my thirties and I was not on the database. 

For all the benefits of regalian powers they need to be fair and apologise when they got it wrong. It definitely hurts and I should be praised for having explained my whereabouts in a composed fashion.

Dwelling over it a second time regarding any complaint form was a way to release my anger. A prime minister is fined by the police. In the meantime members of the public are untowardly and unfairly accused of stealing. The policeman almost forced me to not even consider the complaint route and made no effort in putting himself in my shoes. Interactions with the police could be far friendlier and less suspicious in many ways. 

Law and order must prevail. And the police in Great Britain is not as expeditous as in China or other authoritarian regimes. Mistakes can happen. It is not pleasant when you are the innocent party. Brexit must have liberated the police officers. The near miss in terms of reported unfair arrest. I do hope that I do not have to go tthrough this horrible experience. The downside is a loss in respect towards the regalian forces. It is also a matter of being there at the wrong place at the wrong time. There is definitely some kind of mental injury in being accused and confronted by a police officer. I was so articulate that he could be satisfied that I was not the person they were looking for. Law and order means loss of freedom especially for those that are not English or British. Compelled to move on despite the fright of losing my job had he decided to arrest me, the shock, the disbelief. Not the best of experiences at St Pancras these days. To say the least.     

Commentaires